- Neural networks and fuzzy logic control systems are both numerical model-free estimators and dynamic systems.
- They share the common ability to deal with difficulties arising from uncertainty, imprecision, and noise in the natural environment.
- NeuroFLExSys is a neuro-fuzzy hybrid system. It is a fuzzy logic expert system implemented as a feedforward multi-layer neural network.
- Neural network allows for the system learning and noise tolerance.
- Fuzzy logic provides for the neural network's manageable structure and eliminates opacity of its internal layers.
- In addition, NeuroFLExSys allows to introduce high level thinking into neural networks by manually presetting some expert rules.